Sponsoring a child is a wonderful way to help change the life of a child. Supporting a child through our Children Sponsorship Programme will give you the chance to provide a life changing opportunity for a child in need as well as build a relationship with them if you wish.
As a sponsor, what will I receive throughout the year?
We will send you a sponsorship package by email (or hard copy on request) which includes a photo and profile of your child, as well as other information you may request from us. You can also expect to receive
- A hand-written letter from the child,
- The child’s photograph (Updated every 12 months)
- Scanned copies of the child’s report card and reports on the child’s overall well-being (if he/she is already in school)
- Annual News letter from Mayambala Orphanage Center
Costs of sponsoring a child.
Child sponsorship in a primary school
- In a day school: $450 or Euros 350 or £293 per year.
- In a boarding school: $550 or Euros 430 or £360 per year
- Child sponsorship in a Secondary school (We have only boarding partner schools)
- Sponsorship costs $600 or Euros 470 or £390 per year.
How does sponsorship work?
The goal of Children Sponsorship Programme is to equip vulnerable children to step confidently into the future.
Sponsors can either make a one-time donation or a recurring annual donation. Re occurring donations are most welcome, we believe that sponsors get to see the positive impact they have on a child over several years. Your contributions solely focus on the child’s upkeep, this includes;
- Clothing – shoes, school uniforms and casual clothes.
- Direct school fees payment to well performing partnering schools.
- Education supplies – textbooks, calculators, notebooks, pencils and pens,
- Study aid – Additional Educational workshops, youth programs, holiday schools,
- Medical Care: This is for when a child gets sick, they can access good quality healthcare.
- Providing Food: Most children living in slum areas of Kampala are denied food this is due to high costs of using toilets as they don’t have their own
When you sign up to become a sponsor, you join a family of special people around the world who share your commitment to support and empower children in need. Sponsoring a child is a great way to make a long term difference in Kampala Uganda. At Mayambala Orphanage Center we believe that sponsorships are life transforming for both the child and the sponsor.
How do I send the funds for sponsorship?
Mayambala Orphanage Center operates a Bank account that allows you to transfer money from wherever you are in the world. After discussions with the Executive director in regards to the child you wish to sponsor the administrator will contact you with the details of the account. via email firstname.lastname@example.org whatsapp....+256788944163